Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Gah! Yet another batch of dead seedlings!


Oh well, the seedlings died as soon as they sprouted. I suspect a combination of bad light and lack of interest to be fatal. (Who wants to water something that doesn't grow?) Should I give up my attempts to pregrow plants in special little pots? When I think of the fact that I'm fully able to get plants when I sow directly into normal soil I am tempted to change policy. But I still want to learn to pregrow plants.

Harumpf! I'm going to the library tomorrow. I'll borrow a book on precultivation - a good one. In the meantime I'll water my seedlings, it looks like the common purslane is still alive...

3 comments:

MrBrownThumb said...

Hmmm.

You got me curious about why they failed. But if you can get them to grow with the direct sow method you should go ahead and do it that way. Or do most that way and only try a few inside the newspaper pots.

Rosengeranium said...

That's my plan. Planting day is set to friday, but I do suspect I need to get some more plant lights up too.

Unknown said...

how I grow indoors is to use coir coconut fibre perlite and vermiculite seeing that this a non nutritant media I use a hydrponic solution and set the pots in the solution I use earthworms for mic ro nutrints now i use 6500k bulbs and a room about 75/80 degrees and have the light on 20 hours and if you really want your plants to grow figure out a way to make CO2 in your room and I grow tropicials and have been having decent luck.and if you really want to learn how to grow plants indoors look around for people who grow illeagle plants they have been doing it for years and have it down to an art

JAR Kansas USA