Saturday, November 01, 2008

Sustainable Dave Explains Vermicomposting



Time for the Saturday vid, once again we are watching an tutorial in vermicomposting. Worms make you a bit nervous, especially before you've started the vermicompost and I liked the calm attitude of Sustainable Dave, so I thought a small repetition was appropriate. It's true what he says - it's fairly uncomplicated.

The links flashing at the end of the vid are www.365daysoftrash.com and www.chasingsustainability.blogspot.com. Both are blogs about sustainable living and seems to be nice reading.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We started vermicomposting a month ago and while it was a little difficult as first now it's super simple. We made our bin from a a rubbermaid container and it took us a couple days of escapist worms to figure out the right combination of air and food.

Rosengeranium said...

That's similar to my method, albeit I used an IKEA plastic bin (I'm swedish, so sue me...). It's so easy I start to wonder if something's wrong... :)

Hydroponica said...

I've got worms too! Hehe.

I built my own bins out of rubbermaid containers. I even modified my bins a bit to cut down on worm escapes. (You can follow the link in my profile to find my blog, it's in there somewhere if you're interested.)

Like they say, it's so easy you have to wonder why any food goes to a landfill.

Rosengeranium said...

I've only had one worm escaping since I started. Maybe I accidentaly drilled the holes exactly where they should be, or I have lazy worms. I suspect the last alternative...