Sunday, April 08, 2007

Gardening blog fora in swedish (and english)


I actually mislaid a comment to my posts a few minutes ago. Ie. I published it and didnt't find it afterwards when I wanted to answer the question. Joppe asked if I knew any swedish web fora for swedish bloggers, since he (she?) hadn't found any. I decided to make a short post out of the answer instead.

There is one site that provides blog service and a forum for bloggers that is specifically for gardeners. It's called

Trädgårdsblogg & Gröna sidan
(the URL is http://www.tradgardsblogg.se)

I haven't checked it out much, so I don't know if there are any exchanging of adresses or if they have a directory for gardening blogs outside their own service, but this is the second place where I should go. (The name translates roughly to "Gardening blogs and green pages".)

The first place is

Odla.nu
(URL http://www.odla.nu)

Sweden's biggest gardener forum. They don't have a place for garden bloggers yet, but I have a feeling that many garden bloggers pay a visit there sooner or later, so I started a thread called "Trädgårdsblogg och utbyte av adresser" (transl: "gardening blogs and exchange of adresses"). (It's listed under "Småprat om trädgård", do pay a visit and jot down some lines about your blog if you have a swedish one.)

If you speak and write in english you should start your gardening blog surfing at

Garden Voices
(URL http://voices.gardenweb.com/)

Yes, I'm listed there (and honoured to be, too), and that's where I started when I was a fresh garden blogger (just a seedling so to speak). Lots of interesting gardening blogs to read.

And last, but not least, don't forget our first international gardening blog competition

Mouse & Trowel Awards
(URL http://www.inthegardenonline.com/mt/)

1 comment:

Georgia said...

I am looking for advise for the sunroom We am building. It is year around and I want a brick floor. My concern is the base flooring. I wanted to put a moisture barrier(plastic) then crush and run stone and a layer of sand to put the brick on. My reasoning is drainage. I have been told it would be better for a 2" layer of concrete (with drains) then sand then brick. This advise was given because the dirt will allow musty smell and moisture to come through. Anyone have opinion or suggestion?