Sunday, March 25, 2007

Smoked pork and tomato pytt, recipe

So, I've cooked our first meal using home grown herbs. It turned out tasty, so I decided to share. Unfortunately I can't give you exact messures, since I seldom use messures myself. Besides, I don't want to spoil the fun in experimenting to get the right proportions according to your tastes :-).

("Pytt" is the swedish version of paella, ie. a dish made from a little bit of this and a little bit of that, mostly leftovers, everything diced. In general a swedish pytt has root vegetables and potatos, but I omitted them here.)

Smoked pork and tomato pytt

Smoked pork, diced
Cherry tomatoes, split
Onions, chopped
Fresh sage
Fresh basil
Pepper, freshly ground
A hint of tabasco
Salt

Fry the pork and onions together until the onion is soft, add cherry tomatoes, spices and salt. Fry until the tomato looks soft enough. If you like you can put a lid on the pan and let the dish 'simmer' for a while on low heat.

Serve with homemade potato mash

No comments: