Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A day in my life



This is a still-life over my day. My brain feels like that grey fluff in the plastic box, so I've spent a great part of the afternoon making more of it. It's egg cartons and mug stabilisers that I patiently tear appart. The plan is to use the fluff as bedding in my future vermicompost. I hope the worms will eat it - they can live in woodchips too, but then they don't eat it, and this stuff is something in between wood chips and teared newspaper. Whatever happens making carton fluff is just the right level of activity when you are tired and are watching a movie.

The eggshells displays the reason why I'm in a hurry. These are the tomatoes I sowed ten days ago. Since I'd gathered the seed myself my expectations where low, and I have to admit that I'm surprised. Not that it has discouraged me - this afternoon I collected some more seeds from mini plum tomatoes that happened to be lying around. These have been organically grown, so it'll be interesting to see how they make it in the competition.

The magazine is a swedish gardening mag "Allt om Trädgård" (~Everything About Gardens) and symbolises my shopping spree. I'm now the proud owner of a jigsaw, a flourescent lamp, some chains and extra wood. But I don't have all I need yet, so I suspect I'll need to do another spree soon. Another reason for chosing "Allt om Trädgård" is that the swedish mother blog of Indoor Gardener (Parkettodlaren - it's hard to translate the title, but it would be something along the lines of "Indoor Floor Gardener") is mentioned in an article. It's a good one about growing herbs and vegetables indoors, written by Lena Israelsson, who is one of my big inspirations in gardening. If I was rich I'd buy every book she has written. And when she calls herself "parkettodlare" I'm tickled pink! I'm very honoured and glad that our number is increasing.

No comments: